Buying the right mattress is the key to having a good night’s sleep. If you are looking for a reliable latex mattress, then look no further than Eco Terra.
Made purely from latex, Eco Terra is one of the best alternatives to a memory foam mattress.
This article reviews some key characteristics and reasons to buy Eco Terra to help you determine whether it is the right choice for you.
- 1 Quick Overview of Eco Terra
- 2 You Might Like Eco Terra if
- 3 Construction (Materials & Quality)
- 4 Firmness (Support & Comfort)
- 5 Smell/Eco-Friendliness
- 6 Value for Money
- 7 Customer Service
- 8 Final Thoughts
Quick Overview of Eco Terra
Eco Terra has put great efforts to ensure that everyone enjoys the plush softness and superior feel of latex for sleeping comforts. The company aims to facilitate REM sleep to help customers unwind, relax, and recuperate.
If you purchase Eco Terra mattress, you are assured that you will get all the benefits that you expect from top mattress brands i.e. free shipping, a lengthy warranty, no-pressure trial period, etc.
- Eco Terra mattress is made of natural latex. The mattress is available in a number of different sizes, allowing you to pick the one that best suits your needs. In addition to latex, Eco Terra has manufactured the mattress using numerous separately encased coils to prevent motion disturbances, ensure support, and eliminate pressure points. The combination of encased microcoils and latex make Eco Terra 26% more durable than the average memory foam mattresses available on the market.
- The cover of Eco Terra mattress is hypoallergenic and is made of organic cotton which is GOTS certified. The cover offers a soft feel and enhances breathability and comfort. The mattress is eco-friendly and does not contain any harmful chemicals. You can expect little to no off-gassing from it.
- Eco Terra mattress comes in medium and medium-firm firmness options. You can opt for your preferred firmness. The company manufactures mattresses in the U.S. You can buy it from their website or Amazon.com.
You Might Like Eco Terra if
- You like the feel of an innerspring mattress – Eco Terra is a great choice if you like innerspring mattresses but also want to enjoy the benefits of latex.
- You want your mattress to be all-natural – Eco Terra mattress has no blends or fillers. It is made of 100% natural latex. Even the cover of the mattress is made of organic cotton.
- You want an affordable yet reliable latex mattress – Not all latex mattresses come with an amazing price tag as Eco Terra does. You will definitely like the reliability and pricing of the Eco Terra mattress.
- If you have stiff joints or you are a side sleeper – Eco Terra increases the comfort levels by combining microcoils and latex, making it ideal for side and back sleepers. You will easily adjust to the firmness of the latex. It is also worth mentioning that it comes with two different firmness options.
- If you suffer from allergies – Eco Terra is not just eco-friendly, it is also healthy to sleep on. The overall benefits of this mattress are far-reaching. It is ideal for individuals who suffer from allergies.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The construction of the Eco Terra mattress is quite basic and unique as compared to most other mattresses available on the market. This is because the Eco Terra mattress does not have a complex multi-layer system. Instead, it is constructed using a single layer of latex and microcoils beneath it.
The combination of small fabric-encased coils and a large mixture of latex offers great breathability because latex is relatively more breathable than memory foam and the coils create space in the mattress. Hence, the Eco Terra mattress is an excellent choice for hot sleepers.
Another noticeable specification when it comes to construction is that the coils used around the edges of the mattress are different than the ones used in the middle. Outer coils are ‘quantum coils’ that offer increased edge support to the mattress while the coils in the middle are enclosed individually in latex to create space so that the mattress is more breathable.
The cover is one of the best features of the Eco Terra mattress. It is made of 100% organic cotton which is GOTS Certified. It is resilient, hypoallergenic, and very soft. It is also breathable and helps the mattress stay cool throughout the night.
Furthermore, there are no serious patterns used in the construction of the cover which would impact the feel of the mattress. To further add to its beauty, the cover features a stylish pinstripe design.
The best thing about this cover is that it is fire-resistant.
A lot of mattress manufacturers still use polyester covers that are highly flammable. So in order to ensure safety, manufacturers put on anti-flame chemicals. These anti-flame chemicals are bad because they are synthetic and they eventually seep out. This is why organic cotton is a better option and Eco Terra has done a great job making sure that the cover is 100% organic cotton.
Since Eco Terra is a 100% natural latex mattress, it is an excellent choice if you are looking for a cool and comfortable night’s sleep. The heat retention properties of latex are great and it is relatively more breathable as compared to memory foam or other materials.
Eco Terra mattress also sleeps cooler because it has been designed with an open micro-coil structure to allow for increased airflow and cooler sleep.
- The heat retention properties of latex are great and it is relatively more breathable as compared to memory foam or other materials.
- Eco Terra mattress also sleeps cooler because it has been designed with an open micro-coil structure to allow for increased airflow and cooler sleep.
- Apart from its unique latex and microcoil combination, Eco Terra also features a cover that is made of 100% organic cotton. The cover is breathable and adds to the overall cooling of the mattress.
- Furthermore, the encased coil system of the mattress pushes out excess body heat continuously, hence keeping you cool throughout the night.
- Also Read: Are 5 Hours Of Sleep Enough For Me?
Firmness (Support & Comfort)
On a firmness scale of 1-10, Eco Terra mattress has a rating of 5.5. So it can be concluded that the mattress has a medium level of firmness and support.
Generally, latex mattresses tend to be on the softer side. So this firmness rating makes Eco Terra slightly firmer than the average latex mattress.
Eco Terra’s firmness level is great for anyone that weighs less than 230 pounds. Individuals who weigh over 230 pounds might find this mattress relatively less comfortable.
As being a latex mattress, Eco Terra offers a bit of bounce. Some individuals complain that memory foam mattresses get too hot or sink too much. Eco Terra has done an amazing job combating this.
Eco Terra mattress is a highly recommended choice if you are looking for a mattress that offers a bit more resistance than average memory foam mattresses.
Motion transfer properties of Eco Terra mattresses are very good. The combination of pocketed coils and latex foam on top helps reduce motion transfer significantly. Because of this reason, the Eco Terra mattress is an ideal choice for couples.
This mattress is a good alternative to memory foam mattresses thanks to its above-average isolated motion properties. You won’t be waking up in the middle of the night because of your sleeping partner’s movement.
Eco Terra has done an excellent job reducing motion transfer.
Thanks to its fabric encased coil system, Eco Terra mattress has great edge support.
Coils in the middle are 16 gauge (medium) while the coils in the outer perimeter are 15 gauges (medium-firm), so they offer great edge support.
While there is no dedicated edge support system in Eco Terra as there is in some of the mattresses available on the market, it still offers an edge support that is better than average because its microcoils do a great job of holding up the edges. Sinkage claims from customers are uncommon when it comes to Eco Terra mattress.
Off-gassing is an issue that is strongly associated with memory foam mattresses. As compared to this, latex mattresses have minimal odors. Since Eco Terra has been manufactured with 100% natural latex, you can expect very little to no ‘new mattress smell’.
When it comes to eco-friendliness, you will be glad to know that the Eco Terra mattress is free of synthetic materials that pose threat to the environment. In fact, sleeping on an Eco Terra mattress is quite healthy.
Eco Terra mattress is Oeko-Tex certified which means there are no heavy metals, irritants, or harsh chemicals used in its manufacturing process. The mattress only uses organic materials, so you can rest easy knowing that you are buying a mattress which is good for you and the environment.
Value for Money
Eco Terra is certainly a better alternative to memory foam mattresses because it is a highly supportive, well-constructed, and high-quality mattress. Apart from its reasonable pricing, the mattress is made of 100% organic materials that are eco-friendly. Furthermore, it is also very durable and will last for many years without losing its form.
Because of its good overall construction and features, it can be concluded that the Eco Terra mattress is a well-balanced, all-natural, and comfortable mattress that will help you sleep like a baby.
Although there are cheaper alternatives available on the market, Eco Terra is still cheaper than most luxury mattresses. Considering its benefits and features, it can be concluded that Eco Terra mattress offers good value for money.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Weight (lbs.)||Coil Count||Price|
|Twin||38 x 75 x 11||59||682||$549|
|Twin XL||38 x 80 x 11||63||722||$599|
|Full||54 x 75 x 11||84||896||$799|
|Queen||60 x 80 x 11||100||1057||$899|
|King||76 x 80 x 11||127||1283||$1,099|
|Cal King||72 x 84 x 11||126||1280||$1,099|
You can buy Eco Terra mattress from the mattress’s official website and from Amazon.com. The company does not have local stores. The company offers free shipping to anywhere in the United States to help ease your buying process.
Since each Eco Terra mattress is handcrafted on order, you can expect it to take a few days to get to you. Upon shipping, you will get a tracking number that will help you keep an eye on the delivery. Eco Terra does not have an expedited shipping option. Deliveries to U.S. territories, Hawaii, Alaska, or international destinations are not available.
The mattress is compression rolled and packed into a box for your convenience. The box will fit through most doors and setting up the mattress is also very easy.
Delivery in the United States is free, however, there is no White Glove delivery option available. The mattress is delivered to your curb only. You will need to get it inside your house and set it up yourself.
According to Eco Terra’s delivery policy, you cannot cancel the order if your mattress has been shipped freely. Furthermore, if you refuse a mattress order then the charges will be deducted from your product refund.
Eco Terra offers a 90-night sleep trial period. You can return the mattress free of charge if you do not like it for some reason. Eco Terra will pick up the mattress for free if you are not fully satisfied. You will receive a full refund.
As far as the return policy is concerned, Eco Terra has a requirement of 30-day minimum usage. After 30 days of usage, you can return the mattress for free as there will be no charges. However, if you return it before the 30-day period is over, then you will be charged a $99 return fee.
Eco Terra mattress comes with a 15-year non-prorated warranty.
Based on the product specification, features, and benefits, it can be concluded that Eco Terra is a great buy. It is an ideal choice for those who are looking for a high-quality latex mattress that offers good value for money.