Simba mattress offers the perfect combination of memory foam, Simbatex, and coil springs that are integrated into four separate layers. The entire mattress has been designed intelligently to promote quality sleep throughout the night.
This article reviews some key characteristics and reasons to buy of Simba mattress to help you determine whether it is the right choice for you.
- 1 Quick Overview of Simba
- 2 You Might Like Simba if
- 3 Construction (Materials & Quality)
- 4 Firmness (Support & Comfort)
- 5 Smell/Eco-Friendliness
- 6 Value for Money
- 7 Customer Service
- 8 Final Verdict
Quick Overview of Simba
- Simba mattress features an excellent cover that is made of breathable material to allow for maximum airflow and keep the sleeper cool throughout the night.
- There are four layers of Simba mattress and all of them have their own unique properties.
- As far as the firmness is concerned, the Simba mattress is ideal for most sleepers. It hugs and contours the sleeper’s body well and provides needed support. This level of firmness is best for side sleepers. However, back and stomach sleepers will also find Simba mattress reasonably firm. It’s a good choice for individuals with back pain.
- Simba mattress is eco-friendly and while it does have noticeable off-gassing, it disappears within a few days.
Overall, the mattress is cool, supportive, with limited motion transfer, and good bounce for comfortable sleeping.
You Might Like Simba if
- You don’t want full foam mattress – Simba mattress combines memory foam with coil springs that provide a familiar bounce and feel for individuals who have never slept on a full foam mattress.
- You want a medium firm feel – The firmness rating of Simba is 6.5 which is ideal for those who want their mattress to be a bit firm.
- You suffer from any sort of pains or aches – Simba is a supportive mattress and its firmness and bounce are suitable for individuals who suffer from back pain or aches.
- You want good edge support – Simba mattress has a little extra support foam around the perimeter which results in good edge support.
- You want your mattress to be responsive – Thanks to the latex foam (Simbatex) on the top layer, the mattress has above average response time.
- You are a side or back sleeper – Simba mattress responds well to pressure and is a better choice for side and back sleepers as compared to most other mattresses available on the market.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
There are four different layers of Simba mattress. Each layer has its own specific properties and purpose.
- The top layer is 5 cm thick and is made of latex foam. Latex has natural cooling properties so the purpose of this layer is to offer breathable comfort, cooling, and bounce.
- The second layer consists of microcoils. These microcoils are encased in 2 cm of foam. They are sandwiched between the first and the third layer and help the mattress contour to the shape of your body, hence getting rid of pressure points.
- The third layer of the Simba mattress is a supportive layer. It helps the mattress stay in shape and prevents it from sinking further than it should. It is made of memory foam and acts as a transitional layer. It also helps the mattress conform to the sleeper’s body.
- The fourth layer is the base layer of the Simba mattress. It is 15 cm thick and is made of high-density foam. According to Simba, the base layer has seven different zones that allow the mattress to bear everyone’s weight. It is slip-resistant, durable, and offers firm support.
The cover of the Simba mattress is sleek yet simple. It has an elegant finish as it is white and has grey panels.
The cover is made of hypoallergenic polyester fabric which is very breathable. Because of this, it stays cool throughout the night. It also gives a cozy feeling and is soft to touch. There is no foam integrated into the cover which makes it remain breathable.
Another great property of the cover is that it stretches according to the pressure applied and bounces back to its original shape. The temperature control of the cover will surely keep you refreshed all night and help provide a cool, comfortable sleeping experience.
Simba mattress is cool because of a number of reasons.
- Its cover is breathable and soft and allows airflow through all the layers of the mattress.
- The top layer is made of latex. Although it is synthetic latex, it still has great cooling properties.
- The combination of coil springs, Simbatex (first layer with synthetic latex), and cover offers an enhanced cooling effect.
- The cover and coil springs of the mattress encourage breathability and airflow, while Simbatex sleeps cool.
- Furthermore, the memory layer of the mattress conforms well to the sleeper’s body and prevents hot spots from forming because of high pressure.
All in all, you won’t feel hot while sleeping on the Simba mattress.
Firmness (Support & Comfort)
On the firmness scale of 1-10, Simba mattress has a rating of 6.5. So it is slightly on the firm side.
Simba mattress has been designed to fit most individuals’ needs. You will get a medium to firm mattress feel when you sleep on a Simba mattress. Thanks to the memory foam layer and microcoils, the Simba mattress offers some sinkage and bounce.
- Side sleepers will surely enjoy the Simba mattress because it offers good compression support which side sleepers really need.
- Simba mattress is also a good choice for back sleepers because it delivers the right firmness and support to distribute the weight of back sleepers evenly throughout the mattress. Back sleepers will appreciate this level of firmness and support as they won’t have to deal with lower back pain.
- Stomach sleepers will also find the Simba mattress a great choice for their preferences and needs because of its contours to the sleeper’s body well without giving stomach sleepers the feeling that they are swallowed by the mattress.
All in all, the firmness of the Simba mattress will please the majority of sleepers.
Simba is one of the best mattresses as far as motion transfer is concerned.
It has minimal motion transfer, so if you are a couple and your partner constantly moves throughout the night, then you will not be disturbed as the movement will not be transferred. This will lead to a higher quality of sleep.
Consumers have given the top rating for the motion transfer of Simba mattresses; no tossing, turning, moving, or even jumping is transferred to the other parts of the mattress’ service.
Because of great motion transfer properties, the Simba mattress is excellent for couples. According to some, this is the key selling point of the Simba mattress.
Simba is a thick and tall mattress which is made for support and comfort. It has average edge support.
The edge support of Simba mattress differs for lighter and heavier individuals. Edge support is worse for lighter individuals as compared to heavier individuals. This noticeable difference is due to the difference in the comfort layers used in the mattress. Soft comfort layers are 9 cm thick while the firm support layers are 6 cm thick. These layers affect the edge very quickly as you sit down.
So heavier individuals will notice less compression from the top layers as compared to lighter individuals.
Although Simba mattress has a small layer of memory foam, it still has a noticeable initial smell. However, the off-gassing is not entirely off-putting. You will need to leave the mattress in a room with the windows open and the smell will disappear within a few days.
As far as eco-friendliness is concerned, Simba puts great effort to make sure that their mattress manufacturing process is as eco-friendly as possible. Any waste foam that is left after the manufacturing process is sold to be used in other products such as cushion products, PE mats, flooring underlay, etc. Furthermore, the mattress is delivered in a box in the rolled form to reduce the carbon footprint effect while it is being delivered.
In a nutshell, the Simba mattress is very eco-friendly.
Value for Money
Simba is one of the top-selling mattress brands for a reason. Memory foam, high density, Simbatex, and coil springs are some of the things that make Simba mattress suitable for a wonderful night’s sleep.
The firmness of the mattress is ideal for side, back, and stomach sleepers. Motion transfer is minimal which makes Simba a great choice for couples. The individually wrapped coil springs and the innovative base layer offer the perfect amount of stability and comfort to the body. Considering the high-quality materials, innovative features and benefits, and a 10-year warranty, it can be concluded that Simba mattress offers great value for money.
You will be cool, cozy, and supported when sleeping on the Simba mattress. It is a solid buy for individuals who don’t want a full foam mattress.
|Small Single||72 x 200 x 25||£379|
|Single||90 x 190 x 25||£399|
|Small Double||120 x 190 x 25||£599|
|Double||135 x 190 x 25||£599|
|King||150 x 200 x 25||£699|
|Super King||180 x 200 x 25||£799|
|Emperor||200 x 200 x 25||£899|
Simba does not use middlemen to sell their mattresses, instead, they sell them directly to their customers. Because of this, the pricing is great. Not to mention that the buying process is also simplified.
Simba ships their mattresses through UPS (a popular delivery company) and you can expect your mattress to arrive at your doorstep within 72 hours. Standard shipping is free. The next day shipping option is also available; however, it will cost a little extra. Apart from this, the company also offers Saturday shipping. You will have to pay an additional cost for this service.
Just like most mattresses, the Simba mattress is also delivered in a box. They use an enormous machine to fold the mattress into a vacuum-packed bag. The coil springs are designed in such a way that they are pushed completely flat when packaged and then pop back up to shape when you unbox the mattress.
You simply need to cut open the plastic via a handy tool (provided with the mattress) and the mattress will roll out. So the entire setup is great and makes unboxing very easy. As mentioned before, the mattress is delivered directly to your doorstep.
The trial period of Simba mattress is 100 nights. This is a lot of time for you to test the mattress out and make up your mind. If for some reason, you are not happy with the mattress, then you can return the mattress and get a full refund. You will simply need to contact the customer service department of Simba and they will arrange a free of charge collection for your Simba mattress.
Simba is very confident about its mattresses. They offer a hefty 10-year warranty. In that warranty period, if you experience any issues with the mattress due to manufacturing defects, you can contact the manufacturer and they will repair/replace the mattress for you. So you get a great package when you buy a Simba mattress.
Simba has gained a lot of popularity among customers thanks to its high quality, reliable, and innovative features. From cover to edge support to firmness to motion transfer, Simba mattress delivers everything you can expect from a luxury mattress. It offers good value for money.